Rabu, 5 Mei 2010

40-year-old latest to succumb to H1N1 virus

PUTRAJAYA: A 40-year-old man has died from Influenza A(H1N1), bringing the total number of deaths now to 82.

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Ismail Merican said the latest victim, who died on Saturday, was warded at the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital in Ipoh on April 27 for fever and cough.

He said specialists had confirmed that the man, who did not suffer from any conditions that put him in the high-risk group, died as a direct result of the flu.

“We want to take this opportunity to remind the public that Influenza A(H1N1) is still actively spreading within the community and those with symptoms of influenza-like illnesses (ILI) should seek immediate treatment.

“Early identification and treatment of the flu are vital in preventing complications and death,” he said in a statement.

Dr Ismail said another 39 confirmed cases of the flu had been recorded until 5.30pm on Tuesday, pushing the total number of confirmed cases to 13,832.

Tiada ulasan: